It’s the last week of classes for the semester at UNC-Chapel Hill. Final exams are ahead.
Here is what’s on the exam in my section of MEJO 157, News Editing:
- Using WordPress, edit a news story for everything we have covered in this course: AP style, punctuation, grammar, spelling, clarity, word choice and story structure. Check for fact errors, bias and libelous material.
- If you have a question for the reporter, ask me. I’ll play that role.
- Add at least two links to the story.
- Write a headline of about 65 characters.
- Write a tweet of up to 140 characters.
- Place a photo that goes with the story and write a caption for it.
- Proofread a map or chart that goes with the story.
You may use any resource you wish, including the AP Stylebook. Good luck!