The national conference of the American Copy Editors Society will take place March 31-April 2 in Portland, Oregon. This is the 20th ACES conference. Congratulations and happy anniversary!
This year’s conference will have something new: a day devoted to digital editing. This “bootcamp” on March 30 will cover these topics:
- writing and editing for digital media
- using alternative story forms
- writing headlines for search engine optimization and social media
- understanding data analytics
- curating and creating an email newsletter
I’m one of the instructors along with ACES President Teresa Schmedding and Sue Burzynski Bullard of the University of Nebraska. This is a hands-on session, so you need to bring a laptop.
You can learn more about the bootcamp and sign up for it at the ACES site. Separate registration is required. We’d love to see you in Portland.