My 10-year-old son and I have been on a “Simpsons” kick lately. He’s nothing like Bart Simpson, and I’m not much like Homer. But we both enjoy the show’s humor and sensibility.
I was a big “Simpsons” fan in the 1990s, but I haven’t watched it regularly for the past 10 years. So I had forgotten how headlines play a role in many of the episodes.
Here are my favorites and the “publications” that ran them:
- BUMBLEBEE MAN CAUGHT IN STING (Springfield Shopper)
- SECOND HEADLINE LESS IMPORTANT, STUDIES SHOW (Springfield Shopper)
- SQUIRREL RESEMBLING ABRAHAM LINCOLN FOUND (Springfield Shopper)
- GABBO FABBO! KRUSTY RUSTY (Springfield Variety)
- ZIRCONIA ZTOLEN!!! (Springfield Shopper)
- BIGFOOT’S WIFE PLEADS: “CALL HIM HOMER!” (National Informer)
- HO. J. SIMPSON TRIAL STARTS TODAY (Springfield Shopper)
- AMERICA’S FAVORITE PENCIL: #2 Is #1 (US of A Today)
- WACKO JACKO TO BLIMPO SIMPO: SELL ME YOUR BONES (The Mirror)
- FEDS TO SIMPS: PAY UP! (Springfield Shopper)
- LISA TO BURNS: “DROP DEAD!” (The Red Dress Press)
- BART TO MARTIN: “EAT MY SHORTS” (Daily Fourth Gradian)
- SPRINGFIELD SHOPPER PURCHASED BY
EVILNICE CULT (Springfield Shopper)
See these and more “Simpsons” headlines in this YouTube video.